The odyssey
Okay guys I finally got around to seeing the Odyssey. I'll be honest I don't have much knowledge on Greek mythology though I've always been interested in it. The only things I know about it is Patroclus and Achilles are DEFINETELY lovers(no argument on that), Orpheus and Eurydice, and their family tree goes crazyyyy. The movie was soooo freaking good! Omg the whole time I was distracted by everybody's beauty. The cast is genuinely so stacked like wdym there's Robbert Patison, Tom Holland, Zendaya, Anne Hathaway, Mia Goth, Matt Damon, and many more. The whole time I was watching I was just distracted by Matt Damon's biceps. Like omg?!? He's over here fighting these people and I'm just staring in shock at how fine he is. If I was Penelope I would be waiting 20 years as well cause mmmmmm. Also there's Robert Pattison being hot as hell again. No because in Harry Potter he was hot, in Twilight he was hot, and in this movie he's hella hot! And not to mention how funny he is. In that interview he did with Jennifer Lawrence where he kept insisting he's a gen-z will always make me laugh out loud. And another thing I found so funny in the movie was when he was laughing at Odysseus and saying "Somebody get these BEGGARS out of here". Like why did he say beggars hard R😭. And somebody on the tiktok comments was like "Don't let him play a racist character because he'd be too good at it" I cannot stop saying that line because it's genuinely so crazy and hilarious. And not to mention the way he was saying plate licker like it was a slur or something?
Alsoooo nobody told me Ilya Rozanov was gonna be in this movie? Hello? Matt Damon shot that animal and all of a sudden I'm just flashed with straight up cheeks(not complaining). Oh yeah and another thing I have to mention is the amount of jump scares in the movie. I don't know if it was just me flinching at a lot of the parts but one part that actually made me physically jump out of my seat was when Helens sister was bathing that dude and then she suddenly stabbed him in the neck. Like woahhhh was not expecting that. But can we take a minute to talk about Agamemmnon? I'm not exactly sure what he did wrong and why he's a villain but he was so freaking hot! Helment stays on cause.
He had so much aura in the whole film. Yum.The part that deeply disturbed me was when Circe was shoving her hands down the throats of Odysseus's crewmates and turning them into pigs. That was so ickyyy. Also the way they just turned back and acted like nothing happened? Hello? Cause I'd be freaking tf out! The only thing I know about Circe is the hollow boys series. Because that's what Coraline's captor called her.
Oh my gosh something that actually pissed me off was my bladder! Idk if this is tmi but I am always so painfully aware of my bladder and my need to pee it gets sooo annoying because I'm always using the restroom. I got up like twice and after my second time I had to keep trying to distract myself from thinking about peeing because then I would have to go again. But seriously this movie was one of the best films of this year! Really I have no complaints, everything was perfection! Let me know what you guys thought about the movie.
<------Photo I took at the theater


No comments:
Post a Comment