Movies/tv shows

 Epic the musical: Thoughts



My life has been altered completely! After watching the odyssey I was obviously searching up edits of it and came across edits of Epic the musical since it's also about the odyssey. I always knew about what it was but I never really came across to watching it. Until now...and let me tell you that it's the biggest mistake of my life that I didn't watch it sooner! I loveeee musicals so much but I never really watch them often. I really need to get more into musicals because I loved Epic so much! All the songs are absolute bangers and I WILL be listening to them on repeat from now on. Is it bad to say I cried at the end when Odysseus met with Penelope? Like I don't know something about her waiting for him for 20 years and him being so desperate for her. I haven't read the book yet so I'm not sure if their relationship is also good so If it's not then I might be disappointed. And watching all these things about Greek mythology makes me want to reread Song of Achilles. I know so many people hate it because it's inaccurate to the story and "twinkifies" the characters but I really feel like that's not true. I honestly think it's so well written. It's my favorite book I have ever read in my lifetime(and I take that title very seriously) so whenever people criticizes it, it honestly makes me so sad because their story is so deep and meaningful. But anyway back to my thoughts about Epic. I'm so curious on Circe's background after watching both the Odyssey and Epic so I might read Circe by Madeline Miller. I've never been a fan of anything animated at all cause for some reason I just can't stand staring at animated characters but Epic really changed my thoughts about that. The people who made the animations are so talented, I was in awe the whole time watching. I really love how accurate Epic is to the actual story because the Odyssey movie missed some key parts. Like when Odysseus meets the cyclops and tells it his name is nobody so when the other cyclops ask who hurt him he says "Nobody hurt me!". And then out of Odysseus's own hubris he tells the cyclops his name which shows just how big Odysseus ego is. And the bag of wind as well! I wish they kept that part in but the movie was still amazing. Anyway that's all my thoughts about Epic the Musical. Let me know what your guys favorite musicals are or if you have any recommendations!

xoxo


-E.K


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of a thot daughter

  Missing out on life