Books!!
I'll be honest I have no idea If I'm using these features right but I really want to talk about books on here for a second.
I've been in such a reading slump guys omg. It's like I'll have a few really good months where I'm reading 14 books a month and then the next month I haven't read a single thing! This is so frustrating omggg. Like for the month of May tell me how I managed to read 14 books but in June which is summer mind you, I only read 3 books! It's not even like I went on vacation or anything I was quite literally bedrotting the whole time. Why is Wattpad the only literature I've been able to consume oh my goodness😭. But the book I read on Wattpad was SO good. Let me tell you about it.
It's called Runaway by Bazookah on Wattpad and everyone was talking about it so naturally I had to hop on the bandwagon and see what the hype is about. That book was SO damn good! Josie was so funny and so was Nico too. I don't think I've read about an mmc that was that mean in so long I'm actually obsessed. I tried to read the third book of that series but I kind of got distracted by another booktok controvery...so maybe you've heard or not but Haunting Adeline by H.D Carlton is getting turned into an adaptation and a lot of people already hate the book so the discourse on it getting turned into a movie is crazy. There's even petitions to ban it from becoming a movie so I started reading it. I'm only 60 pages in and Zade already seems like such a red flag. He's talking about some "She'll be mine whether I have to force her or not" like omg?!? What is his problem? I've seen a few quotes on tiktok that are definitely very weird vibes from him. So I'll make sure to update y'all on my reading status.
Another big booktok controversy that's going on is with the boys of tommen cast. When I first heard the news boys of tommen was getting turned into a show I genuinely wanted to bang my head against a table because why!?! why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good series by putting it on tv. It was so unnecessary to do. Just cancel the whole thing at this point. If you don't know the controversy it's basically about the people who play Patrick, Hugh, and I think also Lizzies actress? Basically something about the characters being zionists and supporting Johnny Depp(Excluding Lizzies actor). I think this is all super crazy because you know book Patrick and Hughie would never do this. As much as I love booktok it's such a toxic space sometimes. There's been crazy accusations that some of my favorite booktokers aren't even reading books...are we so serious right now.
Anyway EphemeralKiss outtt!💖
OMG I've been hearing about runaway day and nighttt! Im gonna start it asap. I totally agree and think that booktok is annoying & toxic. Like, not all of us read the same amount or at the same level. There's no such thing as a "fake" reader. It's supposed to be a getaway, not one more thing you have to try to be the best at. Super glad you're blogging! Love it💋🌷
ReplyDeleteRunaway was sooooo good! I hope you like it
Delete